Leena Thar Silk Embroidered Antique PillowDE-COR | Globally Inspired
This gorgeous throw pillow is made from antique one-of-a-kind textiles like Bokhanos and Thalposh. Bokhanos are long narrow shoulder cloths that are given by to a groom from his future mother in law for his wedding day and a Thalposh is a dowry cloth, made by the bride’s family for her wedding. These rare textiles are found in the Thar desert, which mainly covers parts of southern Punjab and extends to the province of Sindh. The people on the Thar desert lead a semi-nomadic life, however they are notable artisans who have been part of the Thari society since the Indus Valley Civilization. The traditional textiles from this region are done in heavy cotton with fine cross stitch silk embroidery in floral and geometric motifs.
- *Era: Antique
- *Material: Silk/Cotton/Linen/Mica/Down Blend
- *Size: 25.5" (L) x 18" (W)
- *Color: Dark Fuchsia/Multi
- *Wash Care Instructions: Dry Clean Only
- *Condition: Hand-woven/ antique or vintage fabrics may show wear, uneven edges, discoloration & blemishes
Found in Sindh
**Please bear in mind that colors of products shown may vary slightly from their original color due to monitor display settings or photography studio lighting.