FURNITURE CARE GUIDE
Due to its age, our antique and vintage items might show signs of wear. In like manner, most of our reproduction pieces are made from reclaimed wood and by nature will have slight age marks, blemishes or cracks. We do not consider these imperfections or defects as this is typical of objects that have been used and loved for many years. We do encourage you to contact us with any questions or condition reports.
* Wood and veneer are natural materials and therefore will display natural variations in their grain and color.
* The wood in our furniture may expand and contract due to varying temperature and environmental conditions. This may cause small cracks where the timber joins.
* To minimize movement be wary of direct sunlight, heavily air-conditioned or climate-controlled areas.
* We recommend waxing your furniture to moisturize the wood and enhance its patina on a yearly basis.
* To dust, we recommend using a microfiber cloth as this will not damage the surface.
* Use coasters, place mats, tablecloths and table runners to protect furniture surfaces from heat and stains. Take extra care to protect your surfaces from candles and heated objects.
*Always carefully lift furniture with 2 people when moving items around the home – never drag.
TEXTILE & UPHOLSTERED FURNITURE
* Due to the vintage and handmade nature of our textiles we recommend to dry clean only.
* Keep fabric away from direct sunlight as this will prevent UV damage to fabrics.
* The easiest method to maintain pillows is to regularly “fluff and puff”
* Do not rub, rather, gently blot with a damp clean cloth at the time that the spill occurs.
* Do not use abrasive detergents or chemicals.
* In some cases, spot cleaning can cause a ring or fading. It is best to have a professional clean the entire piece to ensure uniform results.
MIRRORS AND WALL ART
* Please use two strong fixing points to hang your mirror/wall art frame. Hanging hardware is NOT included as hanging surfaces vary. Use the appropriate screws and hardware compatible with the type of wall and suitable to hold the weight of your mirror. If in doubt, always seek professional advice.
BONE INLAID PIECES
All our bone inlaid pieces are natural products, so just as in nature, every piece is 100% unique. Our bone inlay pieces are all expertly hand crafted and each piece will have its own unique characteristic.
The production is a three-step process. First the fragments of bone are delicately hand shaped by skilled artisans.
These intricate shapes are then affixed onto the timber frame in a detailed pattern. Due to the use of natural products and hand-craftsmanship, any natural flaws, imperfections and variances are part of the unique character of this beautiful piece.
* Dust regularly with a soft cloth or wipe clean with a slightly damp cloth.
* Do not allow bone or resin pieces that are cemented together to soak in water as the adhesive will loosen.
* Do not use modern cleaning products on bone inlay as they tend to be too harsh for this delicate material.
* Exposure to sunlight can help to counteract bone’s natural tendency to yellow.